A cookie you can have with coffee, tea or just milk. Drop cookies are a good starter recipe. They are easy to mix up and almost always turn out perfect. Keep a close eye on them in the oven as it’s easy to overcook them. Keep the temperature down to 350 degrees F, and grease your baking sheet only very lightly to stop the bottoms from frying.
This recipe for cookie is so simple you can make it in about 15 minutes, bake it in 15mins and be serving it 15 minutes later. It's the perfect last-minute treat for unexpected guests....It is surprisingly tricky and can be quite temperamental, but once you have mastered the art of making cookies. You can make it as and when you need it, without having to plan ahead and get a pack out of the freezer whenever you want to use it.
10 tbsp of butter, softened
6 tbsp sugar
7 ounce can condensed milk
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
few drops of vanilla essence
- Cream the butter and sugar. Beat in condensed milk.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt and add to the creamed mixture.
- Finally add vanilla essence, then mix to a soft dough.
- Push small mounds off tip of the teaspoon or use small ice-cream scooper onto greased or nonstick baking sheets.
- Flatten with the tines of fork, in a crisscross pattern.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon flavoured sugar, if desired.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 mins or until just beggining to brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Note: You can divide the recipe in half to make a small batch of cookies. For cinnamon sugar take little bit of cinnamon and add little bit of sugar mix it well and sprinkle on the cookie.