Friday, June 22, 2007
When I was growing up, we used to make cakes all the time. And, on occasions like birthdays, anniversary or any parties we only needed a reason to make it. We are pure vegetarian and we don't eat eggs, so we had to make cake without them. My sister learnt this receipe from her friend who is very good at making and decorating cakes. I then learnt this from my sister. I love to try new cake receipe but this one, according to me, is the best one. The cake always comes out soft and fluffy and yummy to eat.
Preparations time: 20 mins
Cooking time 1 hr
Maida/All purpose flour - 2 cups
Butter - 100gms
Vanilla Essence - 2 tsp
Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1 tin
Mountain dew drink - 250 ml
Baking Powder - 21/2 tsp
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Granulated sugar - 1/2 cup
1. Preheat the oven at 350 *F
2. Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda and keep it aside (dry ingredients)
3. Take the butter in a bowl mix it very well till it is creamy.
4. Add vanilla essence, condensed milk and granulated sugar and beat it till it is creamy and fluffy.
5. Add the dry ingredients(maida, baking soda, baking powder) and mountain dew little by little one at a time stirring continously till all is mixed well.
6. Beat it for 5 mins till it is in a smooth consistency.
7. Grease the baking dish with butter and flour. Dust the excess flour. Divide the batter into two 8 x3 inch pans filled almost half.
8.Bake it in the oven at 350*F for 1 hr or until it is cooked. To check if it is cooked put a toothpick in the centre of the cake if it comes out clean , it means it is done.
9. Cool it on the cooling rack for 5 mins and Remove the cake on the baking tray to cool completely.
10. Ready to eat.
Note: Instead of mountain dew you can use SevenUp or Sprite. No carbonated water.