I love to try new receipes so I always surf online for something new and easy. So one day I was looking for some dessert receipe and I found this Brownie receipe online and it was a vegan version. I always thought that you cannot make brownie without egg, but when I saw this receipe I immediately tried it and it came out awesome. I forwarded this receipe to some of my friends and they really liked it. Then to try something else I thought of maybe putting choclate frosting on them. But they were perfect without it. Enjoy.
Ingredients (vegan version):
2 cups flour (use 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour and 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour)
1 cup water
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup baking cocoa powder
1/2 cup oil - preferably vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
1. Boil 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of the flour(wheat flour) over low heat, stirring constantly, until it reaches the consistency of a thin gluey paste. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
2. In a bowl mix brown sugar, sugar, salt, vanilla essence, cocoa powder and oil. Then add the flour - water mixture. Mix well.
3. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of flour, baking powder and the nuts or chocolate chips, if you choose to add those.
4. Spread mixture into a greased 11 x 7 pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, or until a knife can be inserted and come out clean.
5. Cool it on a cooling tray. Cut it into squares and ready to eat.