This tangy chutney is usually served with idly, dosa and rice. You can also apply this chutney on the bread and eat as a sandwich. It taste yummy!!!
1. Take oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they start to crackle add fenugreek (methi), channa dal, pinch of asafoetida (hing) and tamarind piece. Fry for sometime.
2. Add onions, fry till they are translucent.
3. Then add tomatoes and fry for sometime.
4. Turn off the heat and allow them to cool..
5. Grind to a smooth paste.
6. Fry the paste by adding little bit of oil and mustard seeds when they crackle add the paste and fry it for few minutes.
7. Serve it with dosa, idly or rice.