Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
2 cups whole wheat flour
4 tbsp ghee
water to make the dough
1 cup jaggery
2 tbsp ghee
2 tsp water
For the garnish:
Chopped Almonds and/or Pistachio
1. Pour hot ghee in the wheat flour and mix until it looks like breadcrumbs.
2. Add little water and prepare hard dough. Leave the dough aside for half an hour.
3. Make thick chapatis and roast them on a tawa on low flame. While roasting them on tawa pinch the chapatis on both the sides, so that it will cook it from inside.
4. Make fine powder from these cooled chapatis with the help of a mixie. Sieve it into fine powder.
5. Transfer this powder in a pan. Fry the powder mixture till it is brown in color.
6. In a separate pan, add ghee, jaggery and water and cook it till the jaggery melt into a consistent paste.
7. Add jaggery paste to the mixture.
8. Mix well till it turns soft and no lumps of jaggery are left.
9. Garnish with chopped almonds.
Note: You can enjoy the taste of churma for 8-10 days if you keep it in an airtight box