Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
2 1/2 cup paneer (cottage cheese)
1 big onions diced
2 small tomatoes diced
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
10 - 12 pieces of broken cashews
25mm. (1'') of ginger
4-5 cloves of garlic
4 green chillies
1-2 piece of clove
1-2 piece cinnamon stick
1 tsp chilli powder
a pinch of tumeric powder (haldi)
1/4 cup curd
1/4 cup cream
pinch of citric acid (nimbu ka sat)
1 tsp of cinnamon powder
salt to taste
2 tbsp of oil or butter
Chopped corainder leaves
1. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, add cumin seeds. When they start to crackle.
2. Add the clove, cardamom, bayleaf, cinnamon stick, garlic, ginger, green chillies, cashews and the onions.
5. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, add the ground paste, chilli powder, tumeric powder, cinnamon powder, citric acid (nimbu ka sat), salt to taste and cook it 4 - 5 mins or until oil separates.
6. Add the curd and the cream to the mixture and allow it to come to a boil.
7. Add paneer. Garnish with corainder.
8. Serve hot with naan or roti.