Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
1/2 cup gram flour (besan)
1 cup thin buttermilk
salt to taste
2-3 pinches turmeric powder
1 tbsp. oil
2 tsp. oil
1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
1 tbsp. coconut scraped
1 tbsp. coriander finely chopped
2 pinches asafoetida
2 green chillies finely chopped
1 stalk curry leaves
1. Mix Buttermilk, flour, salt and turmeric to form a batter.
2. Stir vigorously and evenly to avoid lump formation.
3. Cook till the mixture does not taste raw, stirring continuously.
4. When done (about 7-8 minutes), pour a ladleful in a large greased plate.
5. Spread as thin as possible with the back of a large flat spoon.
6. Use circular outward movements as for dosas.
7. When cool, cut into 2" wide strips.
8. Carefully roll each strip, repeat for all plates.
9. Place in a serving dish.
1. Sprinkle coconut and coriander all over khandvi rolls.
2. Heat oil in a small pan.
3. Add cumin, asafoetida, curry leaves and chillies.
4. At last at sesame seeds and immediately pour over rolls.
5. Serve as is or with corainder chutney.