Coriander is widely used in Indian cooking and almost used in all recipes as part of garnishing since it generates wonderful aroma to the dish. Corainder chutney is favourite of mine, I make very often and store it in the refrigerator. Coriander chutney, is one such classic example of an irresistable chutney that is easy to prepare, nutritious and flavorful. You can serve this with dosa, idly, chilada or even you can make a sandwich. Hope you like the chutney. Enjoy!!!
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: No cooking time
2 small bunch coriander leaves
4 green chillies
a handful of dalia (roasted split chick peas)
juice of 1 lemon
10 - 12 curry leaves
salt to taste
1. Clean the coriander leaves and chop them and keep it aside.
2. In a blender grind these coriander leaves, chillies, dalia, curry leaves and salt with limited amount of water so that the paste remains in the thick consistency.
3. Check the taste of chutney and add chillies and salt as you want.
4. Sqeeze lemon juice in the chutney and refrigerate it.
5. Serve it with dosa, idly, chilada or even you can make a sandwich.
Variation: Here are some other ingredients that can be added: 3 -4 cloves of garlic (or) 2 tbsp of mint (or) roasted peanut
Note: Lemon juice is added instead of tamarind because the lemon will leave the chutney stay longer time leaving it fresh.