Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
1/2 onion, chopped into big pieces
1 small capsicum, chopped into big pieces
1 big tomatoes, chopped into big pieces
1/2 cup cucumber, chopped into big pieces
1/4 cup peas, boiled
10 - 12 curry leaves
3 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
a pinch of tumeric powder
1 tsp amchur powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
salt to taste
1 tbsp of oil
1/4 cup water
1. In a pan add oil, mustard seeds and cumin seeds (jeera). When they start to crackle.
2. Add asafoetida (hing), curry leaves, green chilli and onions. Fry them till they are translucent.
Add capsicum. Fry till they are half cooked.
3. Add peas. Fry for few minutes, then add tomatoes. Cook for sometime.
4. Add the chilli powder, tumeric powder, corainder powder, amchur powder and salt to taste. Mix well
5. Add the cucumber and water and cook with the lid on, simmer for few minutes till the vegetables are cooked.
6. Garnish with corainder leaves. Serve hot.